Jan. 30, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Feb. 2: Student Services Addition ribbon cutting and dedication, 10:30 a.m., SSA atrium.
- It's time to start thinking about staff evaluations and goals for 2017-18. Please allow ample time to complete this process.
- Interviews for UT Dallas' VPIT/CIO are underway.
- Feb. 2: Softball vs. Pacific (OR), 2 and 4 p.m., softball field (season opener).
- Feb. 4: Softball vs. Texas Lutheran, 1 and 3 p.m., softball field.
- Feb. 10: Baseball vs. Concordia Texas, 2:30 p.m., Ballpark in Grand Prairie (season opener).
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 16: Academic dishonesty (17), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 16: Intakes, consultation and counseling (141), crisis services (8), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (19), group/couple counseling (2), testing (3), group screening (2), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Jan. 16: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (13). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), SMART (1).
- Jan. 31: FREE HIIT Fit Express, 12-12:30 p.m., Activity Center MP Green Room.
- Jan. 30-Feb. 3: Suicide Prevention Week Jan. 30: Painting Positive Vibes, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Spirit Rocks.
- Jan. 31: Time Out Tuesday Black Light Dance Party, 8-10 p.m., Auxiliary Gym.
- Feb. 1: Stress Management Presentation, 12 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Feb. 9: Founder's Day Celebration, 1-3 p.m., Ritual Room.
- Feb. 2: Live concert, "War Party," doors open 6 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Feb. 14: Comet Countdown to Commencement, 2-6 p.m., VCB Atrium.
- Tau Sigma National Honor Society membership drive takes place throughout the month of February.
- Transfer orientation dates for students entering in summer/fall 2017: March 17, March 24, April 21, April 28, May 19, June 14, June 21, June 28, Aug. 1, Aug. 4, Aug. 8. Registration will open in February.
Veteran Services Center
- Feb. 14: Dress for Success Workshop for student veterans, 12-1 p.m.
- Feb. 16: Networking Workshop for student veterans, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Feb. 16: VETworking mixer for student veterans and spouses, 4-6 p.m. Contact the VSC for more information or to sign up for any of the above events.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- NRHH and RHA are collecting various items for the Greater San Marcos Youth Council Children's Shelter in preparation of their Regional Business Leadership Conference. For more information, please visit NRHH website.
- Do you know students looking for summer employment? Summer Conference Assistant applications open Feb. 8.
- Jan. 31: American Football & the Super Bowl, 2:30-3:30 p.m., SSB 3.107. All students are invited to learn about American football, the tradition of the Super Bowl, and enjoy some game-time snacks.
Galerstein Women’s Center