Feb. 13, 2017
- Feb. 16: Basketball vs. LeTourneau, 5:30 & 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Feb. 17: Softball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 4 p.m., Softball Field.
- Feb. 18: Softball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 12 p.m., doubleheader, Softball Field.
- Feb. 18: Basketball vs. Texas-Tyler, 1 & 3 p.m., Activity Center (Senior Day).
- Feb. 24: Baseball vs. Hendrix, 2 p.m., Baseball Field (home opener).
- Feb. 25: Baseball vs. Hendrix, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Baseball Field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 30: Academic dishonesty (5).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 30: Intakes, consultation and counseling (186), crisis services (13), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (32), group/couple counseling (40), testing (7), group screening (2), outreach (8).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Jan. 30: Individual recovery support (11), other contacts (17). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (2), Al-Anon (1), SMART (1), meditation group (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1).
- Feb. 22: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A. Space is limited. Contact the Student Health Center, 972-883-2747, to schedule an appointment.
- Feb. 13-17: Sexual Responsibility Week.
- Feb. 14: Condom Olympics, 7 p.m., RHNW MPR.
- Feb. 15: Free HIV Testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
- Feb. 15: Love Line, 6 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Feb. 16: Healthy Desserts, 6 p.m., RHW kitchen.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Student Leader Programs workshops are ongoing. Visit the website for schedule and information.
- Nominations for the Student Leadership Spotlight are open.
- Feb. 20: Student Government election filing opens, through March 10.
- Temoc is one of six college mascots who qualified to compete in the NCA College Mascot National Championship. Temoc will compete alongside the cheer and dance teams in Daytona, Florida in April. It is the first time the entire spirit program will compete together.
- April 6: Student memorial service. Details to follow.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Feb. 14: Dress for Success workshop for student veterans, 12-1 p.m.
- Feb. 16: VETworking mixer for student veterans and spouses, 4-6 p.m.
- Feb. 16: Networking workshop for student veterans, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- March 10: Green Zone training, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., SSA 14.245.
- Feb. 17: Education Abroad information booth, 12-2 p.m., SU Comet Cafe.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- NASPA's Gender & Sexuality Knowledge Community has selected Matt Johns as the recipient of the Service to Student Affairs Award for his contribution to Higher Education, and to the focus areas of the Knowledge Community, which includes advocacy, community, inclusion and openness. Matt will receive the award at the NASPA conference in San Antonio in March.
- Registration for SAZE ZONE Ally Training in April is open. Contact Matt Johns with questions.