Feb. 20, 2017
- Feb. 23-25: Men's basketball at ASC Tournament, Longview.
- Feb. 23-25: Women's basketball at ASC Tournament, Brownwood.
- Feb. 24: Baseball vs. Hendrix, 2 p.m., Baseball Field (home opener).
- Feb. 25: Baseball vs. Hendrix, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Baseball Field.
- Feb. 28: Baseball vs. Southwestern, 2 p.m., Baseball Field.
- March 3: Softball vs. LeTourneau, 3 p.m., Softball Field.
- March 4: Softball vs. LeTourneau, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Softball Field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 6: Academic dishonesty (9), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Feb. 23: Center for Students in Recovery/Dr. Carol Lanham welcome Dr. Harold Urschel, author of Healing the Addicted Brain, 12:30-1:30 p.m., JSOM 1.118.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 6: Intakes, consultation and counseling (176), crisis services (11), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (28), group/couple counseling (62), testing (6), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 6: Individual recovery support (10), other contacts (22). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART(1).
- Feb. 22: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A. Space is limited. Contact the Student Health Center at 972-883-2747 to schedule an appointment.
- Feb. 22: "Embrace" movie viewing, 6 p.m., Galaxy Room A. A detailed look at how media can affect perceptions of beauty/body image.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Feb. 20-March 10: Student Government election filing open.
- Feb. 22: Leadership Program: Challenge the Process, 12 p.m., Phoenix Room.
- March 2: Leadership Program: Challenge the Process, 5 p.m., Phoenix Room.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Feb. 20: JRYE Comet Credit, 5-6 p.m., SU 2.602.
- March 7: SOYE Major Investigation, 5-6 p.m., RHS first floor classroom.
- March 9: JRYE Career Advice and a Slice, 12-1:30 p.m., SU 2.602.
- Transfer orientation dates for students entering in summer/fall 2017: March 17, March 24, April 21, April 28, May 19, June 14, June 21, June 28, Aug. 1, Aug. 4, Aug. 8.
Military and Veteran Center
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- Discount tickets available for Dallas Chamber Symphony's THE KID, starring Charlie Chaplin, at 8 p.m. on Feb. 21.
- Discount tickets available for Dallas Symphony Orchestra's Music of 2001: A Space Odyssey, set for Feb. 23-26.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Feb. 21: Pre-Health LLC: Faculty-led general chemistry review session, 7-9 p.m., SLC 1.102.
- Feb. 22: Engineering LLC advisor game night, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- Feb. 23: Pre-Health LLC general chemistry II review with peer tutor, 7-9 p.m., RHW 2.401.
Marketing and Student Media
- Feb. 20: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
- Feb. 21: Black History Month Community Conversations, 7 p.m., ECSS 2.102.
- Feb. 24: NASPA webinar: Islam in America and on our Campuses: Reducing Stigma, Increasing Support, 12 p.m., SSA 14.265. RSVP required.
- Feb. 23: Black History Month Big Dinner, 4:30 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms.