Mar. 13, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Shout out to the Professional Development Social Committee for an intense morning of B-I-N-G-O. You too can be part of planning the fun. Simply contact Tricia Losavio to join the Professional Development Committee.
- Remember to nominate your colleagues for employee of the month and department of the month.
- Initiative to update and revise the institution plan is underway. Scheduled completion is fall 2017.
- Several searches are underway or soon to be underway, including: Provost, Dean of the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science, and Undergraduate Dean
- Budget hearings are underway for FY18.
- Comet seniors Sam Konstanty (men's soccer) and Michelle Toro (volleyball) became the first UT Dallas student athletes ever to earn the prestigious NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship.
- March 13-14: Men's and women's golf at Bradley Spring Invitational, 9 a.m. shotgun start, Brookhaven Country Club, Farmers Branch.
- March 17: Baseball vs. LeTourneau, 2 p.m., Baseball Field.
- March 17: Softball vs. East Texas Baptist, 6 p.m., Softball Field.
- March 18: Baseball vs. LeTourneau, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Baseball Field.
- March 18: Softball vs. East Texas Baptist, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Softball Field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 27: Academic dishonesty (11), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 27: Intakes, consultation and counseling (150), crisis services (7), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (26), group/couple counseling (51), testing (4), outreach (9).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 27: Individual recovery support (8), other contacts (22). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART (1), SAA (1).
Student Engagement Initiatives
- March 22-24: Student Government elections.
- Save the date: April 24 – Student Leadership Awards dinner, 5:30 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Staff tickets for An Evening with Bill Nye are now available. Nye, a mechanical engineer known as the Science Guy, will give a lecture and question-and-answer starting at 7:30 p.m. on March 24. Staff may view the lecture via live stream in the SSA Auditorium. Tickets are free but must be reserved in advance. For questions, email [email protected].
- Aaron Koehler is a new program coordinator in the Office of Student Volunteerism.
- March 12-17: Alternative Spring Break (ASB). Ninety-eight students and staff are participating in 10 ASB service trips.
- March 21: OSV Info Booth, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., SU, upper level.
- March 30: Breads & Threads, 1-3:30 p.m., SSA first floor lobby. Registration required.
Student Transition Initiatives
Student Transition Programs
- Orientation dates for students entering in summer/fall: March 17, March 24, April 21, April 28, May 19, June 14, June 21, June 28, Aug. 1, Aug. 4, Aug. 8.
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- Tickets are available for DSO's Brahms 2, March 16-18, 7:30 p.m. and March 19, 2:30 p.m. For more information, visit the Comet Card Office website.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- March 21: Annual LLC Appreciation Breakfast: 9-10:30 a.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- Save the date: Crawfish Boil, April 10, 3-5 p.m., Phase 3 Pool.
- Save the date: Fall move in: Aug. 16-20.
International Student Services
Galerstein Women’s Center
- March 2017: Women's History Month exhibit, located on the second floor of the McDermott Library near the elevators.
- March 23: Women's History Month Luncheon, 12:30-2 p.m., McDermott Suite. Registration is open.