April 3, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Nominations are being accepted for Student Affairs Professional of the Quarter award, as well as Department of the Month award. Anyone who submits a nomination will be entered into a drawing for $50.
- April 8: Evans Park cleanup, 9-11 a.m. Sign up via Qualtrics. Deadline to sign up is April 3 (today).
- Don't forget to submit your service hours. The top five individual contributors, along with the department with the most hours logged, will be recognized at the Student Affairs Picnic in June.
- Tom Monagan, associate athletic director, was named the 2017 NCAA Division III National Head Athletic Trainer of the Year by the National Athletic Trainers' Association. He will receive the award at the 2017 NATA convention in June.
- April 3-9: NCAA Division III Week. Join the Comets as they celebrate what it means to be an NCAA D-III student-athlete. Events scheduled all week. Learn more about D-III Week online.
- April 4: Baseball vs. Texas Wesleyan, 3 p.m., Baseball Field.
- April 7: Men's and Women's Tennis vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor, 3 p.m., Tennis Courts.
- April 7: Softball vs. Concordia Texas, 4 p.m., Softball Field.
- April 8: Men's and Women's Tennis vs. Concordia Texas, 10 a.m., Tennis Courts.
- April 8: Softball vs. Concordia Texas, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Softball Field.
- April 10-11: Women's Golf at ASC Championships, Oakmont Country Club, Corinth.
- April 11: Baseball vs. Concordia Texas, 3 p.m., Baseball Field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of March 20: Academic dishonesty (32), misconduct (1).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- April 7: Sexual assault awareness, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., SU mall area.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of March 20: Intakes, consultation and counseling (148), crisis services (16), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (20), group/couple counseling (62), testing (3), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of March 20: Other contacts (28), freshman mentor outreach (1). Group meetings: Al-Anon (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), Sexual Addicts Anonymous (1), SMART (1).
- April 7: First aid certification, 10 a.m.-noon, Activity Center MP Green Room. Enroll online or contact Carly Johnston for more information.
- April 5 and 6: Sexually Transmitted Infection information booths, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., SU, in recognition of Sexually Transmitted Infection month.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- April 5-9: National Cheerleaders Association/National Dance Alliance (NCA/NDA) National Competition in Daytona, Florida.
- April 12: Leadership Challenge workshop, 12 p.m. Theme: Encourage the Heart.
- April 17: Student Organization renewals open.
- April 18: Temoc's Birthday. Festivities TBA.
- Save the date: April 24–May 26: Freshman Orientation Organization Fair sign-ups.
- Students raised more than $4,000 for their organizations during the SOC Spring FunRaiser.
- The 2017-2018 Student Government officers are JW Van Der Schans, president, and Alex Holcomb, vice president.
- April 5: "The Boy and the Beast," 7 p.m., Jonsson Performance Hall.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- April 18: Road Warriors at Operation Upcycle, 2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
Student Transition Programs
- April 3: Senior Etiquette Dinner, 5-7 p.m.
- April 6: Freshman Ignite: Class of 2020, 8-10 p.m., Residence Hall West Courtyard.
- Orientation dates for students entering in summer/fall: April 21, April 28, May 19, June 14, June 21, June 28, Aug. 1, Aug. 4, Aug. 8.
Military and Veteran Center
- April 6: Military Career Fair, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU mall area. (Second level SSA rainout).
- April 19: End of semester BBQ and career roundtable, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms A&B. For student veterans/spouses. RSVP required.
- May 4: Register now for the Veteran Breakfast from 9-10:30 a.m. in the McDermott Suite, MC 4.4. Open to students, staff and faculty. Tickets are limited, RSVP required.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- April 3: All LLC, What's happening in the LLC, 2:30-4 p.m., RHW lobby & RHNW lobby.
- April 4: ATEC LLC, ATEC Art Night: 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- April 5: Pre-Health LLC, Teatime with HPAC, 4-5 p.m., RHW lobby.
- April 5: All LLC, EPICS info session, 5:30-6:30 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- April 6: Computer Science LLC, Focus group, 5:30-6 p.m., RHW 3.100, RSVP required.
- April 8: Computer Science LLC: Cybersecurity capture the flag, 1-6 p.m., RHW 2.400 & 2.401, RSVP required.
- April 10: Crawfish Boil, 3-5 p.m., Phase 3 Pool.
- April 13: Zombie Run, 8:15 p.m., Phase 8 Clubhouse.
- April 3-7: International Week. See the website for up-to-date listings of daily activities.
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- April 6: Student employment interest session, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., SSA 14.244. Contact D'Andrea Young for more information.
- April 6: Multi-racial student workshop, 6-8 p.m., JSOM 11.305. Contact D'Andrea Young for more information.
- April 11: Diversity Dialogues, 11:45 a.m.-1:15pm, JSOM 11.305. Registration is available online.
- April 13: Asian Heritage Celebration, 6:30-8:30 p.m., North mall.