May 8, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- More than 1,000 students were served at the Late Night Final Exam breakfast. Thank you to all who volunteered!
- Thanks to those who have signed up to assist with Memories on the Mall this week.
- Information related to one-time funding will be distributed soon. Please be thinking about requests you may have.
- May 8: NCAA D-III Softball National Tournament Selection Show, 12 p.m., SSA gaming wall area.
- Softball student-athletes Melissa Livermore and Stefanie Polderman have been named Academic All-District by CoSIDA. This recognition makes both Comets eligible for Academic All-America accolades later this month.
- UTD has now won five conference titles during the 2016-17 academic year. The softball team recently joined women's cross country, men's soccer, volleyball and women's basketball as league champions. Prior to this year, UTD had never won more than three ASC titles in one academic year.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of April 24: Academic dishonesty (67), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of April 24: Intakes, consultation and counseling (140), crisis services (24), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (26), group/couple counseling (63), testing (4), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of April 24: Individual recovery support (6), other contacts (24). Group meetings: Nourish Eating Disorder support group (1), SMART (1), Sexual Addicts Anonymous (1), outreach (1).
Student Engagement Initiatives
- May 15: Summer hours begin for the Student Union/Student Services Building & Student Services Building Addition. Open 7 a.m.-Midnight, Monday-Sunday.
- May 30: Summer volunteer events begin. For local service opportunities, visit VolunteerNow.
Student Transition Initiatives
- May 25: Last day to enroll for 11-week session internship course. Late registration is May 26-June 7; late fee will be applied.
New Student Programs
- The Comet Families spring newsletter is now available.
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- The International Center has been hosting webinars for prospective students. View a list of upcoming webinars and view past presentations on the IC webinars page.
Marketing and Student Media
- May 22: Headshots for new staff, 10:30-11:30 a.m., SSB first floor lobby. RSVP to Jessie Budd.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Registration for SAZE ZONE Ally Training in June and July is open. Contact Matt Johns with questions.
- Matt Johns was selected as a C.A.R.E Award recipient for spring 2017.
- UT Dallas received a new ranking of 4.5/5 stars from the Campus Pride Index, reflecting a full point increase over last year. The new raking makes our campus the "Most LGBT friendly campus in Texas."