The UTD CommLab mission is to provide University of Texas at Dallas students and faculty members with access to practical feedback and resources for improving oral and group presentations. By visiting the CommLab, our students will gain valuable presentation-related insight and develop the necessary toolsets to become successful speakers
- Aims to develop and refine individuals' understanding of each aspect of the speech making process, including topic selection, organization, supporting materials, nonverbal behaviors, and practicing delivery.
- Recreates the classroom experience and provides support for class assignments and special projects.
- Emphasizes interpersonal and group skills, oral presentation strategies, and effective delivery.
- Identifies key areas for improvement and offers feedback to provide students with a launch point for future assignments.
- Provides them with the necessary toolsets to become more skilled speakers.
- Strives to create a comfortable learning environment where each session is specifically tailored to the individual's needs and concerns.
- Does not discuss potential grades a visitor may earn, nor do we critique instructors, assignments and/or grading policies.
>>> Make an Appointment Here <<<
Media in the CommLab
The CommLab is equipped with a media center that includes a computer and projector for use in speeches. When you setup your appointment, please indicate if you are bringing a PowerPoint or other media to present and bring it with you on a flash drive, data CD or DVD. It would also be a good idea to email the files to CommLab@utdallas.edu as a backup plan.
Due to limited schedule availability and high demand, students who are more than 15 minutes late will have their appointments cancelled and will need to reschedule. Please cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
We help UT Dallas Students Succeed!
Interested in sharing what the Student Success Center offers your students?
Email us or call our office (972) 883-6707 to have a speaker come talk to your class about our many services for currently enrolled students.