Undergraduate Transfer Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to UT Dallas! One of your first steps toward a successful transition to UT
Dallas is to register for and attend Transfer Orientation. At Transfer Orientation you will learn about UT
Dallas resources, meet with academic advising, and begin the process of registering for classes.
Transfer Orientation registration will close one week and three days prior to the orientation date or when the date reaches seating capacity. Orientations will reach capacity quickly and are filled on a first come, first served basis. In the past, transfer orientations have closed over a month in advance due to reaching seating capacity.
Transfer Orientation – Summer and Fall 2019
Registration for summer and fall 2019 Transfer Orientations is open. Please review the Transfer Orientation FAQ for additional information before registering for a transfer orientation session.
Do not make travel, childcare, or work arrangements until you have registered, paid, and received a confirmation email.
- Summer and Fall 2019
- Friday, March 22
- Friday, March 29
- Friday, April 12
- Fall 2019
- Friday, May 24
- Wednesday, June 5
- Wednesday, June 26
- Tuesday, July 23
- Friday, July 26
- Tuesday, July 30
- Friday, Aug. 2
Register to Attend Transfer Orientation
- Review Transfer Orientation FAQ webpage for important information such as arrival time, agenda, tasks to
complete before attending, etc.
- Instructions with screen shots can be found here.
- Go to the Galaxy Portal and log in with your Net ID and password.
- Under Orion Self-Service, click on Applicant Center.
- Select the option to accept your admission displayed in the My Applications table at the top of the page and follow the instructions on the screen. Accepting admission is not a binding agreement to enroll.
Please wait at least 24 hours before moving to the next step.
- After you have accepted your offer of admission, click on the Transfer Orientation Center link located under the My Applications table.
- Click on the Register for Transfer Orientation link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select from available dates, add guests, and submit payment; your Transfer Orientation registration request will be cancelled if correct payment is not received at the time of registration.
- After you complete the payment, you are able to modify your order at a future date, with restrictions. You can switch sessions and/or add guests by modifying your order in Orion and paying the applicable fees. You cannot modify your registration after the session is closed.
*Please note, the payment website works best from a non-mobile device.
Students who pre-register to attend Transfer Orientation will receive session information by email. All email communication will be sent to the student’s UT Dallas email address. Information will not be sent to a student’s personal email account. The final email with the one day temporary parking permit, campus map and orientation details will be sent one week before your orientation session to the students UT Dallas email address.
View the Transfer Orientation Slideshow (pdf, 32MB).