Undergraduate Transfer Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to UT Dallas! One of your first steps toward a successful transition to UT Dallas is to register for and attend Transfer Orientation. At Transfer Orientation you will learn about UT Dallas resources, meet with academic advising, and begin the process of registering for classes.
Transfer Orientation registration will close one week and three days prior to the orientation date or when the date reaches seating capacity. Orientations will reach capacity quickly and are filled on a first come, first served basis. In the past, transfer orientations have closed over a month in advance due to reaching seating capacity.
Students are encouraged to read the Transfer Orientation FAQ webpage for additional information regarding orientation.
Transfer Orientation Dates - Summer and Fall 2018
Transfer Orientation is a one-day program from check in at 8:30am to dismissal at 4:00pm. Students are expected to stay for the entire event and be present at all check-ins.
Please review the FAQ page for a more detailed agenda.
Do not make travel, childcare, or work arrangements until you have registered, paid, and received a confirmation email.
- Friday, March 16, 2018*
- Friday, March 23, 2018*
- Friday, April 13, 2018
- Friday, April 27, 2018
- Friday, May 18, 2018
- Wednesday, June 6, 2018
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Register to Attend Transfer Orientation
- Go to the Galaxy Portal and log in with your Net ID and password
- Under Orion Self-Service, click on Applicant Center
- Select the option to accept your admission displayed in the My Applications table at the top of the page and follow the instructions on the screen. Accepting admission is not a binding agreement to enroll.
- After you have accepted your offer of admission, click on the Transfer Orientation Center link located under the My Applications table
- Click on the Register for Transfer Orientation link
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select from available dates, add guests, and submit payment; your Transfer Orientation registration request will be cancelled if correct payment is not received at the time of registration.
- After you complete the payment, you are able to modify your order at a future date, with restrictions. You can switch sessions and/or add guests by modifying your order in Orion and paying the applicable fees. You cannot modify your registration after the session is closed.
Orientation CommunicationStudents who pre-register to attend Transfer Orientation will receive session information by email. All email communication will be sent to the student’s UT Dallas email address. Information will not be sent to a student’s personal email account. The final email with the one day temporary parking permit, campus map and orientation details will be sent one week before your orientation session to the students UT Dallas email address.
View the Fall 2015 Transfer Orientation Slideshow (pdf, 125MB).