Student Transition Programs strives to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students, families, and guests as we provide the framework for students to learn and develop, regardless of race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation. We would like to share the statement below from our Multicultural Center which reflects the values and principles that are the core of our mission.
We stand in solidarity with our Black and African American community- especially during these troubling times as hatred, inequity, oppression, and marginalization has been heightened. Our office respects the profound ways that our community members of various cultures, backgrounds, and identities enrich our university community. We value the contributions you have made and we now challenge you to lean on each other, as we extend our support to you during these painful times.
Please remember we are all here for you.
Below are resources where you can learn more about diversity and inclusion on our campus, as well as assistance if you are struggling.
President Benson’s statement about George Floyd
Statement of Support from Dr. Fitch, Vice President of Student Affairs
Statement from the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement
The Multicultural Center
The Galerstein Gender Center
The Student Counseling Center
Undergraduate Transfer Orientation
Transfer Orientation Registration
The Transfer Orientation office is currently closed. If you have any questions, you can reach us via email at [email protected].
If you are starting classes in Summer 2020 or registered to attend a Transfer Orientation in March, April, or May please check your UT Dallas student email for updates to your orientation session.
Transfer Orientation will be an all virtual experience for students entering in fall 2020. Follow the steps below to register for a Transfer Orientation.
- Go to the Galaxy Portal and log in with your NetID and password
- Under Orion Self-Service, click on Applicant Center
- Click on Transfer Orientation Center. The next screen will show the Transfer Orientation FAQ page, please review these. On the left, click the Transfer Orientation Center tab.
- Click on the Register for Transfer Orientation link
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select from available dates, add guests, and submit payment; your Transfer Orientation registration request will be cancelled if correct payment is not immediately received.
Transfer Orientation Steps to Complete
Step 1: Sign up for your virtual session date using the steps above. This will be a two-hour meeting with a Transfer Student Leader where you meet other students, learn about UT Dallas resources, and can ask questions of a current transfer student. Your virtual session will start at 10:00 a.m. CDT on your session date.
Step 2: Login to eLearning to complete the Transfer Pre-Orientation Online Module and the Transfer Orientation Online Module. Please complete both assessments with scores of 100%.
Step 3: Register for your fall classes! Once you complete the eLearning modules and sign up for your virtual session, your academic advisor will contact you to register for your fall classes.
Step 4: Attend your virtual session with your Transfer Student Leader via Microsoft Teams. You will get an email to your UT Dallas student email account with information on how to use Microsoft Teams prior to your virtual orientation session.
Transfer Pre-Orientation Online Module
Before you can register for classes, you must complete the Transfer Pre-Orientation Module and the Transfer Orientation Online Module in eLearning. The module will cover important information about UT Dallas. Students will register for classes after all holds are removed and the student meets with their academic advisor. Follow these steps below to access the modules.
1. Log into the UT Dallas eLearning site with your NetID and password.
2. Under My Organizations select Transfer Orientation
3. Select the Transfer Pre-Orientation Online Module and follow the prompts, this module is available now. The Transfer Orientation Online Module will be available on April 14. Please complete both assessments with scores of 100%.
Students who register to attend Transfer Orientation will receive session information by email. All orientation email communication will be sent to the student’s UT Dallas email address. You can set up your NetID and password here, if you are having trouble with your NetID or email please contact the UT Dallas Help Desk.