Undergraduate Transfer Orientation 2015The Fall 2015 Transfer Orientations have reached seating capacity. We encourage students to attend Welcome Wednesday. Please see details below.
Welcome Wednesday Fall 2015
Where: Student Union Galaxy Rooms
When: Wednesday September 9, 5:00pm
Welcome Wednesday is a great opportunity for transfer students who were not able to attend Transfer Orientation to learn more about the services UT Dallas provides in a condensed evening format and meet other incoming transfer students. RSVP required for attendance. Please note that this event is for Fall 2015 incoming transfer students who did not attend Transfer Orientation. This is not an event for prospective students or anyone not registered for classes this fall 2015 semester.
RSVP for Welcome Wednesday here.
Fall 2015 Transfer Orientation DetailsThe Fall 2015 Transfer Orientations have reached seating capacity.
Check- In and a light breakfast - 8:30am
First Session - 9:00am
Location: Student Union Galaxy Rooms
The cost to attend Transfer Orientation at UT Dallas is $40 per student and $20 per guest. Each student is allowed to bring up to one guest. Your orientation fee covers program costs including orientation materials, staffing needs, facility reservations, breakfast and lunch.
Please complete the following prior to attending transfer orientation:
- Remove all holds. See information below on holds.
- Register for Fall 2015 classes with a UT Dallas academic advisor. See information below on how to get in touch with academic advisors.
- Check your @utdallas.edu email address on a regular basis.
Students who preregister to attend transfer orientation will receive session information by email. All email communication will be sent to the student’s @utdallas.edu email address. The final email with the one day temporary parking permit will be sent by 5:00pm the Friday before your orientation session.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 972-883-6172 or 972-883-6147. You can also email Kellie@UTDallas.edu. Students, please use your UT Dallas email account for all communications with staff and faculty.
Academic Advising and Class Registration
All new UT Dallas students are required to meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes. Students can register for classes after they are admitted to UT Dallas and all holds are removed. Students should meet with an academic advisor and register for classes before attending transfer orientation. Students are encouraged to register for classes as soon as possible.
Summer 2015 class registration begins Monday, April 6th.
Fall 2015 class registration begins on Monday, March 30th.
The following websites will help you set up an academic advising appointment:
- Arts & Performance, Historical Studies, Literary Studies
- Arts and Technology Academic Advising Appointments
- Emerging Media and Communications Academic Advising Appointments
- Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science Academic Advising Appointments
- Naveen Jindal School of Management Academic Advising
- School of Brain and Behavioral Sciences Academic Advising Appointments
- School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences Academic Advising Appointments
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- School of Natural Science and Mathematics Academic Advising Appointments
- Undeclared Academic Advising Appointments
Holds on your account may prevent you from registering for classes. New UT Dallas students have a hold to meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for classes for the first time. Additional holds with other departments could also prevent you from registering. For details about remaining holds, check your student account at galaxy.utdallas.edu.
Examples of new transfer student holds:
- Application Fee — contact Admission and Enrollment Services.
- TSI — contact your academic advisor. Students may need to turn in additional documents to Admission and Enrollment Services, but your academic advisor will determine if you are eligible for a TSI hold removal.
- Cannot Register Online — contact your academic advisor.
- Bacterial Meningitis — contact the Registrar.
- Int'l Hold: ISSO — contact the International Student Services Office.
- TB Test — contact the Student Health Center.
Financial Aid cannot process an award until you are admitted to UT Dallas. It is recommended for you to submit the FAFSA and all paperwork at least two weeks before the deadline. Students should also check their “To Do List” through Orion Self-Service for any outstanding documents.
Summer 2015 new student financial aid priority processing deadline is Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
Fall 2015 new student financial aid priority processing deadline is Sunday, March 15, 2015.
The priority deadline for the TEXAS Grant and the Texas Top 10 Percent Scholarship is March 15th.For more information, contact your Financial Aid counselor.
View the Spring 2015 Transfer Orientation Slideshow (PDF, 47MB).