Region iv Flag football championships
Limited spots will be available for officials that would like to work this tournament. We are looking for the very best your institution has to offer. If you have any officials who are interested, please fill out an Officials Application with your official. An official invitation will be emailed to all officials no later than 2 weeks prior to the event.
The Officials Application will be due Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
(Applications open on September 18th, 2017)
- The number of officials will be based on the number of teams and selections will be determined by the Director of Officials and the Tournament Director.
- Mandatory Officials Workshop on the UT Dallas Campus on Friday prior to the tournament. Specific time will be determind when the final roster is selected. Officials should plan to arrive in Dallas by midday.
- Officials need to bring black pants, black shorts, predominately black shoes, collared striped shirt (preferably short and long sleeve), piped hat, flags, bean bags, down indicators, stop watches (lanyard or wrist) and whistles. All games will be played on grass fields.
- Officials will receive a stipend of $75 for the tournament. Officials selected to work semifinals and finals on Sunday will receive a $100 stipend.
- Lodging will be provided by the tournament (four officials per room).
- Meals will be provided for Friday dinner, Saturday all meals, and Sunday breakfast and lunch.
- Written evaluations and verbal feedback from experienced professionals will be shared throughout the tournament.
The top officials at this regional tournament will be awarded the opportunity to represent this region at the NIRSA Championship Series National Flag Football Championships in January 2018. The number of officials selected for the national tournament is solely dependent on the number of teams at the tournament. For more information on the National Flag Football Championships, please visit http://nirsa.net/nirsa/flag-football/.