Companies benefit in numerous ways when they get involved with UTDesign:
- Progress on lower-priority projects without expending staff resources.
- Potential for high return on a small investment.
- Full ownership of results.
- Opportunity to recruit top graduates from a diverse pool of talented and creative students.
- Relationships with faculty members who are subject matter experts.
- Networking with students and other corporate sponsors.
- Branding of company and products with undergraduates and other sponsors.
Depending on the characteristics and field of the project, companies may expect some or all of the following deliverables:
- Technical reports.
- Drawings and design specifications.
- Financial and marketing analysis.
- Prototypes, computer programs, simulation models.
- Final report.
- Final oral and poster presentation.
- Test and evaluation results.