When students agree to work for a UTDesign project, they should
- Plan to devote ample time to the project. These are real and challenging problems. To solve them, teams can expect to spend a total of 800 hours a semester.
- Have a flexible schedule. The team will frequently meet with corporate mentors and faculty advisors outside class hours. Plan your schedule accordingly.
- Communicate regularly with your mentors. Weekly meetings are recommended.
- Have a plan agenda for your meetings.
- Be on time, and don’t miss meetings or deadlines. Remember, this is like a 15-30 week interview, and it may land you a job.
- Work as a team.
- Act professionally at all times. Students are representatives of UT Dallas when they interact with their corporate mentors.
During the semester, the team will have a set of deliverables that is specific to the project and the department. The list commonly includes:
- Weekly reports.
- Project proposals.
- A preliminary design review.
- A final design review.
- The final project report.
- UTDesign poster presentation.