Earth Week - April 17-21, 2017
Earth Week Fun Facts
- The year 2017 marks the sixth annual UT Dallas Earth Week. #utdearthweek
- Volunteers donated 224.25 hours and $5,530.01 of volunteer time during Earth Week 2016.
- 2016 Earth Week events and service opportunities engaged 325 students participated in eight OSV-hosted events with 17 community partners, 13 campus departments, and 9 student organizations.
- Earth Fair is the largest event during Earth Week and features an array of student and community focused green initiatives.
- UT Dallas has certified monarch waystation on campus, Butterfly Flutterby, established during Earth Week in spring 2015. Students can now enjoy maintaining the butterfly habitat year-round through the Office of Student Volunteerism's Butterfly Flutterby service event with Facilities Management.
UT Dallas Goes Green!
- On campus composting operations collect all our landscape waste and turn it into compost. #soilhappens
- UT Dallas is certified as a Tree Campus USA through the Arbor Day Foundation.
- More than 1,200,000 million plastic bottles have been saved by students using campus’ 32 water bottle filling stations.
- Over 230,000 straws were used at Dining Hall West just last year. As a result, UT Dallas Dining has gone "strawless" in effort to promote sustainable dining choices.
- Since October 2016, the Sustainability Office has recycled over 2,000 lbs. of ink cartridges and toners.
- Through the Office of Student Volunteerism, year-round "green" events are hosted at the UT Dallas Community Garden, Butterfly Flutterby, Adopt-a-Highway, and Operation Upcycle series.
Do you have questions or want to be a part of Earth Week? Contact the OSV if you would like to get involved!
Each year, the UT Dallas community comes together to celebrate sustainability and environmental practices through interactive and educational events and programs during Earth Week. With the assistance of valued partners, Earth Week is brought to UT Dallas by the Office of Student Volunteerism and the Office of Sustainability.
Want to know more about Earth Week? Learn about the impact UT Dallas made and get highlights by viewing or downloading the Earth Week 2017 Impact Bulletin.
2017 Campus and Community Partners