Hurricane Harvey Resources and Relief Opportunities
- To talk to a professional who can help you cope with emotional distress, please contact the Student Counseling Center via 972-883-2575, or 972-UTD-TALK if after business hours.
- To find family and friends, or to register yourself as safe, visit the American Red Cross Safe & Well site.
- To report a missing child, contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-866-908-9570.
- Visit the FEMA Social Hub for updates from official emergency management social media accounts.
- Download the FEMA Mobile App to receive alerts from the National Weather Service, get safety and survival tips, and customize your emergency checklist.
Hurricane Harvey hit the Gulf Coast, causing catastrophic damage. More than 30,000 people have been displaced from their homes, and 450,000 have sought disaster assistance. It's now a race against time to help the communities overwhelmed by this tragedy. The coming hours and days will be critical to their response. Here are some ways you can help.
The OSV is no longer accepting monetary donations through the Marketplace platform. We encourage students, staff, faculty and community members who wish to make a monetary donation to visit the American Red Cross (ARC) website.
The OSV will be offering a Disaster Relief trip during Alternative Spring Break (March 11-16). Volunteers will partner with Community Collaborations, Inc. on the front lines as they work with first responders to lend a hand in this time of need.
Registration will open Decmber 1 at 12 p.m.
Mode of Transportation: Rental Van
Lodging Type: On-site lodging, participants may bring sleeping bags
Volunteers may be needed to help evacuees at designated recreation centers in Dallas. Interested individuals can register online via Volunteer Now, the Volunteer Center of North Texas. Trusted World is in need of volunteers to assist with sorting donations, and is accepting sign-ups online.
For those wanting to volunteer in Victoria, Rockport/Portland, Santa Fe, Houston, or Pearland, Texas areas – you can sign up to assist Samaritans Purse here.
Note: Please do not self-deploy to assist in the ongoing disaster relief efforts. If you are interested in volunteering, we encourage you to register with the resources listed above.