Viva Volunteer - Saturday, October 28, 2017
Viva Volunteer is UT Dallas' annual service event. Hundreds of students, staff and faculty unite in service in order to serve others on Make a Difference Day. In one morning, Comets travel to local nonprofits and serve in the spirit of making a difference in their community.
Saturday, October 28, 2017
8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Viva 2016 at a Glance
382 Student Volunteers
23 Participating Agencies
25 Project Sites
1,910 Volunteer Hours Served
$48,000 Saved by Agencies
Viva Volunteer 2017
Group registration is now closed. General registration for open project sites will begin on October 6 and close when capacity is met. No walk-ins are permitted on the day of Viva Volunteer. Transportation to project site, breakfast, lunch and t-shirts are provided to registrants.
Leadership meetings for group Site Leaders and Responsible University Officials (RUOs) will take place from 10-11 a.m. on the following dates:
- October 11 – Galaxy C
- October 18 – SSA 12.471
- October 25 – Galaxy C
- November 1 – Galaxy C
Valuable event, agency and service project information and updates will be discussed during Viva Leadership Meetings.
Event date: Saturday, October 28
Check-in: 8:00 a.m.*, Visitor Center Atrium
Registered members go straight to their team's table and check in with their site leader and/or RUO. All participants travel to and from off-campus project site by rented bus (no personal vehicles).
*Check with your site leader for the specific arrival time for your group. No late arrivals.
Attire: Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothes you do not mind getting dirty. For your safety and comfort, no high heels, sandals or flip flops. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
Inclement weather: This event will take place rain or shine (with the exception of severe weather). If conditions necessitate event cancelation, every effort will be made to have this information posted on University-controlled sites no later than 5 p.m. the day prior. The Office of Student Volunteerism will:
- Send an email announcement to all Viva Volunteer site leaders, Responsible University Officials, event partners, and administration.
- Post an announcement on Office of Student Volunteerism's official Facebook page.
- Post an announcement on OrgSync.
- Post signs at Visitor Center Atrium doors.
- Provide an automatic reply (out of office) message on OSV staff emails and Office of Student Volunteerism's official email: [email protected].
Social Media: Share your Viva Volunteer experience! Use #vivavolunteer when tweeting, posting photos, and updates.
Viva Project Partners
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas
- The Bridge Homeless Recovery Center
- Bright Light Volunteers
- City of Richardson Community Services
- Color Me Empowered
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens
- Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
- Foundation for C.H.O.I.C.E.
- Goodwill Industries of Dallas
- Groundwork Dallas
- Hope Supply Co.
- Legacy Senior Communities
- My Possibilities
- Network of Community Ministries
- Plano Animal Shelter
- Texas Trees Foundation
- Texas Worm Ranch
- UT Dallas Office of Sustainability