Counseling Services

The GGC provides a variety of in-house services for students, staff, faculty and the community, including space for study, events and meetings to accommodate individuals and groups. The Center provides student organization advising, as well as professional counseling services for students, staff and faculty. We offer a lending library with gender-related books and materials and videos, which can be checked out with a valid Comet Card.

The GGC offers individual short-term counseling as a unique support service available to faculty, staff and students on a variety of gender-related issues, such as: justice and equity, relationships, balancing work/family issues, race and culture, workplace/classroom conflict mediation, harassment, discrimination, sexual assault, sexual identity and orientation.

The GGC supports the mission of the Office of Diversity & Community Engagement to “embrace, enhance, and celebrate diversity at all levels of the University”.

Employee Assistance Program

If you are an employee of UT Dallas seeking counseling help for yourself or a family member, you are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Free and confidential services are available to assist you and your family with issues affecting home and/or work.

For more information, visit the EAP website or call 214-648-5330.

Student Counseling Center

The Student Counseling Center (SCC) is located on the 4th of the Student Services Building, SSB 4.600. The SCC provides services and programs designed to assist students in achieving emotional well-being and help manage personal demands that may interfere with academic progress.

Initial appointments must be made in person at the Student Counseling Center. Counseling is confidential and not part of scholastic records. There is no charge for current UT Dallas students who want to use this service.

Typical Student Concerns

  • "I often feel sad and don't know why."
  • "My mind goes blank during tests."
  • "It's hard for me to talk to people."
  • "I feel like hurting myself."
  • "I'm having panic attacks."
  • "I'm questioning my sexual identity."

Services We Are Unable to Provide

  • Long-term therapy/treatment
  • Disability assessment
  • Court mandated therapy
  • Welfare checks"
  • Letters for emotional support animals