- April 1-2: Softball vs. Howard Payne. Comets host Howard Payne for a three-game ASC series. Teams will play a 2 p.m. doubleheader Friday before a 12 p.m. single game Saturday at the softball field.
- April 8-9: Baseball vs. Ozarks. Comets host Ozarks for a three-game ASC series. Teams will play a 2 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field.
- April 8: Tennis vs. McMurry, 2 p.m.
- April 9: Tennis vs. Hardin-Simmons, 10 a.m.
- April 24: UTD Athletics All-Sports Banquet, 1 p.m., Hyatt Regency in Richardson. For information contact Valerie Hoops at extension 4497.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of March 14: Intakes, consultation and counseling (52), crisis services (8), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (26), couple and group counseling (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of March 14: Meditation group (1), COR/group (1), SMART (1).
- March 29-31: Sleep Wellness Week information table, 12-2 p.m., Student Union.
- Onsite radiology services are now available. Contact the center for information.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of March 14: Academic dishonesty (5), misconduct (3), drugs (1).
- March 31: Power Dancers nationals "showoff," 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- April 9: Leaders Meet registration is now open on OrgSync. All student leaders are encouraged to register.
- Complete results from the SG election will be online later today. The new president and vice president are Akshitha Padigela and Joey Campain, respectively. Their terms will begin in May.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- March 28: Meet, Mingle and Dine: Senior Etiquette Dinner, 5 p.m., McDermott Suite (pre-registration required, must be classified as a senior).
- March 29: Lunch with a Pro-Preparing for Life after Graduation: How to Maximize Your Job Search Efforts, 12 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- March 29: American Workplace Culture (ISSO partner program), 2 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- March 30: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 12:30 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- March 30: Creating a Cover Letter for Your Job Search, 4 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- March 31: Teacher Career Expo, 1-3 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. Open to all students interested in pursuing a career in education.
- March 31: Internship Information Session, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- April 1: Insightful Tips on Answering Behavioral Interview Questions, 1 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- Continuing the search for two career consultants.
- The search for a Career Center director is ongoing.
- Search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78741.
Veteran Services Center
- April 6: Military Career Fair, 12-2 p.m., SU Mall. ROTC units and military recruiters will be on campus to inform students about military careers and educational opportunities.
- April 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Limited spots available. See registration form for details.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- 50 PA applicants were offered a position for fall 2016.
- Sarah Amberson has been selected as the assistant director of Residential Life, community development.
- April 4-8: International Week. Visit the website for a full list of activities. Kick-off event is Passport to the World, April 4, 1-3 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- The U.S. State Department has issued a Europe Travel Alert. U.S. citizens are alerted to possible risks of travel due to increased terrorist threats.