Mexican Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) – UT Dallas Program
Mexican students may apply for sponsorship to pursue graduate programs at UT Dallas under the auspices of the CONACYT – UT Dallas partnership. The program focuses on supporting Mexican students to pursue Master and Ph.D. programs in the field of science and technology. To be eligible for this award, the student must:
- Be a Mexican citizen.
- Be accepted in a full time graduate degree program at UT Dallas.
- Satisfy CONACYT requirements for the CONACYT – UT Dallas scholarship.
If the student is awarded by CONACYT, he / she must follow these instructions:
- To submit CONACYT Scholarship Certificate to the UT Dallas Office of International Partnership Development.
- To apply for the Pilot Program for Enrolling Mexican Students (PPEMS) to be eligible for in-state tuition.
- To maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (1-4 scale).
- To maintain a good immigration status, including full time enrollment.
Notes and restrictions:
- The length of UT Dallas- CONACYT scholarship program is for five and two years for Ph.D. and Master programs, respectively.
- For Master programs, CONACYT sponsors the two years of the program, including in-state tuition and fees, living expenses, and a stipend for health insurance.
- For Ph.D. programs, CONACYT sponsors the first four years of the program, including in-state tuition and fees, living expenses, and a stipend for health insurance. UT Dallas sponsors the fifth year through teaching or research assistantships, including in-state tuition and living expenses.
- Students are responsible for UT Dallas admission application fee(s), complete sponsorship of health insurance, and immigration fees when applicable such as SEVIS fee(s).
- In some individual instances, the CONACYT sponsorship of tuition is limited to a maximum amount per academic year. If so, the student is responsible for any difference to cover full time tuition.
UT Dallas contact information: