The University of Texas at Dallas is open for normal business operations and instructional activities unless indicated otherwise on the University's home page. Employees and students are expected to exercise judgment regarding their ability to travel safely to campus when inclement weather is in the area. They are not expected to place travel for work or class attendance above considerations for individual health and safety.
When closure is necessary:
If conditions necessitate closure, every effort will be made to have this information posted on University-controlled sites no later than 6 a.m. UT Dallas will:
- Post closure information on the University website — utdallas.edu.
- Post an announcement on UT Dallas’ official Facebook page — facebook.com/utdallas.
- Tweet via the UT Dallas official Twitter channel — twitter.com/ut_dallas.
- Send an announcement via UTDAlert text messaging system.
- Send an email announcement to all faculty, staff and students.
- Provide a recorded telephone message at 972-883-7669.
- Inform local media outlets.
Local media are helpful and will be notified, but are not the primary source of such information.
The UT Dallas Callier Center for Communication Disorders and the Center for Vital Longevity (Dallas campuses) may have a different closure situation than the main campus in Richardson. Check for voice message advisories at the following numbers:
- UT Dallas Callier Center, 214-905-3030.
- UT Dallas Center for Vital Longevity, 972-883-3200 (Also see website for updates)
UT Dallas students attending classes at the Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC) should check the Collin College home page for updates regarding whether Collin College and CHEC are closed in case of threatening weather.
UT Dallas employees who choose not to report for work when the University is open and inclement weather impedes travel may elect to use vacation time or make up the time within a month of the absence at a time convenient to both the employee and his or her supervisor. Those choosing not to report to work should inform their supervisors as soon as practical so that work duties can be managed.
Students who choose not to report for class when the University is open and inclement weather impedes travel must make up their absences in the manner proscribed by their instructors in the class syllabi or as announced for the entire University.